This one's from JPP
!5 Things I Do Well
1. Organizing: I'm not an INFJ
for nothing! I make lists, I sort, I prioritize, I plan. I'm totally Type A, can you tell?
2. Finding bargains: I'm a v. thrifty shopper--I use coupons, shop at secondhand clothing stores, and buy on clearance.
3. Managing crises: I can obsess for hours about minor things, but I'm calm and reliable in a true crisis. I did this work professionally for years and even was trained as a community responder in critical incident stress management. My brother likes to tell this story from when we were little: I was babysitting for him when he barreled into the living room, hand covered in blood, screaming, "HELP
--I cut my hand real bad!" He claims that I took one look, sighed, and said, "Apply direct pressure and keep your hand above your heart. I'll call 911." It turned out that he was playing a joke on me--the "blood" was actually ketchup--but the joke was on him when I didn't freak out like he'd anticipated. Ah, sibling love!
4. Keeping in touch: I grew up an Army brat and learned early on that if I didn't make an effort at keeping in touch with my friends, I'd lose them. I'm proud that although I'm an Army brat, I still have a friend today whom I met in 4th
5. Seeing: At my last eye exam I had 20/10 vision. Now I think it's more like 20/15, but still--I have great eyesight. Hello, Hawkeyes
And now, for good measure...5 Things I Do Poorly
1. Cooking: I'm lazy and picky and don't have any sense of which foods taste good together. I'm also bad at knowing when food is done, so I usually overcook or undercook
. I hate cooking and I'm pretty awful at it, too.
2. Math: I suck at it, really and truly. An example: When I took the GRE
the first time, my math score was in the upper-30th
percentile. After I studied like crazy (again) for the math section and retook the exam, my math score dropped to the low-30th
? At any rate, I'm glad that Petunia's good at math cuz
I sure as hell won't be able to help Hester with her homework once she's out of 3rd grade.
3. Confronting people: This goes against my nature. I'd rather run away than call people out. However, getting older, running my business, and becoming a mom are helping in this regard. I'm getting more assertive all the time.
4. Art: I'm a terrible artist. Painting, drawing, sculpting, etc.--I'm just no good.
5. Running: I once took an F in gym class rather than attempt a 5-minute mile (yes, it was an Army school). If you ever see me running, you'll know that A) there's an alligator on my tail, or B) I'm taking steroids for a tenacious sinus infection. I suck at running.