Tuesday, January 09, 2007

A trip to the ER

Petunia and I spent last night in the emergency room, but not for the reason you might think. I had the Norwalk virus over the weekend, and I needed a couple liters of IV fluids to get myself together after the fireworks stopped. Here's what's not fun: the Norwalk virus.

I was so afraid (read: SO AFRAID) that Ariana was going to go into labor while I was being sick. But she didn't, and today we're scheduled to meet her at 2pm. I'd been feeling nervous about the meeting, but now I'm mostly nervous about making it through lunch at the restaurant without feeling ill. Don't worry--I won't actually eat! It's still BRAT diet for me, if I can even stomach that.

All this illness led to my first ever sick days from my business. I felt awful calling my families early yesterday morning, but I just couldn't do it. I feel better about my decision after last night's visit to the ER. I took off this morning for good measure; I already had this afternoon off for the meeting with Ariana, and I figured I could use a little extra sleep.

So far, so good.

A very special thank you to my beloved Petunia! You washed out sick bowls, brought me Tylenol every 4 hours, disinfected the house, bought out the "clear liquids" section at Price Chopper, held my hand in the ER, and were the very best caregiver the world has ever seen. Thank you for taking such good care of me!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you've been sick - but no wonder!

I realized with horror as I read this post that I never responded to your message about meeting Ariana's family. We never met Roo's family in person - we were supposed to and they got overwhelmed. So I have no real advice for you. Um... Valium, maybe?

Good luck! I will be thinking of you!

1:17 PM  
Blogger LymeAware said...

Sounds like you were out for the count! Glad you're getting back on your feet today. I understand about taking sick days for your business. I have a hard time doing it too. It's always nice though to hear how understanding families usually are. Hope you had that experience too. It's good you took some time to recover.

How wonderful to have such a caring partner- it makes such a difference.

I'm thinking of you and Petunia in your event this afternoon. It sounds like you, Petunia, and Ariana are having good experiences together. I'll look forward to hearing how it went.

All the best...

8:53 PM  
Blogger squasha said...

oh my goodness! glad to hear you are feeling close to human again! i'm so sorry you had that experience... but so glad you had your awesome wife alongside you!

8:49 AM  
Blogger frog said...

I'm so glat you're feeling better!

9:00 AM  
Blogger Poor_Statue said...

Hope you continue to feel better every day.

6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home