Friday, December 22, 2006

Gratefulness displaces anger

After writing several nasty letters to folks who deserved them, I rallied late yesterday afternoon. By the time Petunia's and my Christmas celebration rolled around at 7:30pm, I was ready to party.

Petunia and I always have a private Christmas together. In fact, we got engaged 6 years ago at our personal Christmas celebration. The whole tradition means a lot to both of us, and we love sitting on the floor by the tree and opening the gifts we chose for each other. This year, like every year, I got seriously spoiled! Petunia has a knack for thoughtfulness and generosity, and I am always grateful to be the recipient of her kindness. She's the best!

Today I'm taking it easy; I'm having a much better day than yesterday. Ms. Stork called last night to say that the agency thinks we should go ahead with our travel plans, that there's no official indication that Ariana will go into labor early. She also said that the agency should be receiving updated prenatal records early next week. I'm very relieved; I've been so worried that we'd be in Charlotte when the baby is born. Since Ariana wants us at the hospital for the birth, I've been really scared that it would give her the wrong message (i.e., that we're not committed to her daughter) if we went off gallivanting around the country at such a precarious time. There's still a chance of early delivery, but it sounds like bed rest is doing the trick. Knock wood.

In other news, I just have one kid today, though 2 others stopped by briefly. One child came bearing wonderful gifts: homemade cookies, a perfectly splendid coffee mug he made at a paint-your-own-pottery studio, and a very generous tip from his parents! Lovely.

Happy holidays, y'all!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Canada said...

Happy holidays!!! Merry Christmas. Thank you SOOO much for the card and the package, which is driving Corwin nuts ("open it, mom, open it" and my reply "no, it's not Christmas yet"). Have safe travels and good times with the family, and I've got fingers crossed that Ariana's daughter doesn't decide to play baby Jesus!
xo

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you're feeling better! Have a wonderful holiday gallivant - just think - this time next year you'll be gallivanting with a car seat in tow!

Christmas can bite me too. And Dunkin' Donuts with their stoopid commercials.

*missing Krispey Kreme something fierce*

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home