Thursday, January 11, 2007

Issues

Alrighty then. I'm getting back into the swing of things, for better or worse. I'm busy with the kids today and have errands to run tonight; same old same old as far as all that's concerned. Anything's better than spending the day in the bathroom, that's for sure.

Here's what's giving me pause right now: Well-meaning people keep telling us to sleep while we still can. I know that's great advice, but I swear to you it's making me anxious about sleeping! I'm usually a great sleeper; I normally fall asleep easily and sleep straight through till morning. This week, all I've done is stared at the ceiling while telling myself, "You really need to get to sleep! You're going to regret not sleeping now, while you still can!" Issues. Many, many issues.

And another thing: On Tuesday, the baby's mother very generously gave us 3 ultrasound pictures of this baby! Since Tuesday all I want to do is look at those pictures. One of them was taken just days ago on January 4, and it shows her profile beautifully. I've also seen pictures of 2 of her brothers, and of course we met her mother in person. I can't stop wondering what this precious baby will look like. I think she's going to be absolutely beautiful.*

That's the scoop from here. Any advice for me? As long as you don't tell me to sleep while I still can, I'm all ears.

*Can parents tell if they have an ugly baby, though? Don't all parents think their baby is beautiful, or is that one of those great myths of parenthood? I'd been worried that I wouldn't like the look of this baby, but now I'm worried that I'll like the look of her too much and do nothing but stare at her all the time like a crazed psycho stalker.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*shakes head*
I've always wondered why people say & do things like that. Don't they realize our very thoughts & words create reality? There's entirely too much careless/unconscious speech, you ask me.

When people try to pee-pee in my Cheerios like that (well-meaning or not), I usually say a quick mental "Cancel that!" in my head to any benevolent creative Beings Who may be listening. Then I give the speaker/reality creator/Cheerios-defiler the sweetest smile I can muster & say something like "Thank you so much for your concern! I'm sure everything will always be just perfect!" Sort of deflates the burden you've just had thrust upon you without hurting their feelings.

Holding highest thoughts for y'all.

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not a myth. You will think your baby is the most beautiful baby in the world - because she will be.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Canada said...

I'm with round is funny - she will be the most beautiful baby in the world, it's true.

And as for this "sleep while you can" - gimme a break! I mean, I wouldn't advocate pulling a whole bunch of all-nighters and being hungover a lot, because you will need some energy when HW gets here, but seriously . . . you can't stockpile sleep (trust me, I've tried!).

11:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say just give in to your stalking tendencies, it's OK. If HW is ugly I'll tell you so you know, but I'll only tell you once.

Ha ha ha! Seriously, you'll be OK. All I can say about sleeping is "have good sleep hygiene"! If you're lying in bed not able to sleep you should get up and watch 90210 or something. ;)

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home