Friday, June 08, 2007

I need some schoolin'

I know about the churchy part, but what-all goes on at a baptism? Is there a luncheon? A party? A giant cake with a picture of the baby's head on it? Do people expect favors? This inquiring mind needs to know what she's gotten herself into.

My parents will be inviting all their relatives and we'll be inviting some close friends. People will be coming from out of town for the long weekend. Please tell me what the hell I should do with all these folks!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Jew-ey self knows NOTHING of baptisms, however:

If you're at portland pride, we have to hook up this year!!!!!

Are you my "flickr" friend? There are actual pictures of me/us on there which could make things...easier:)

4:12 PM  
Blogger Lola said...

Often the parents host a 'snack gathering' after the event. No favours needed unless you are authentic Italian (they give favours for everything:)
Sometimes family members or close friends participate in the ceremony with readings etc but i am not sure if this is a private baptism or the '3rd Sunday of the month assembly line baptism for all.'
:)Good luck and most importantly, do what you feel:)

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sster here: we had a small cake reception in the church hall. Then we went out for lunch with everybody. You could also have a small party at your house with snackie stuff. Favors are not traditional and are a pain in the tushie. Oh! And we hosted an informal dinner at our house the night before for everyone from out of town. My man manned the wok and made stir-fry to order as people came in (as their planes arrived at different times). Then we sat around drinking tea and telling stories. I'd say if you try to have a good mix of in-house/out-of-house/free time for people you'll do great.

Yay Hester!

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home