Monday, June 04, 2007

Random things

This whole wireless internet thing rocks. I'm LOVING it, dudes. This morning I listened to NPR downstairs...we can't get it on the house except through the computer, so I've gone 3 years without Morning Edition. I'm v. happy to have it back.

************************************************************

We started looking at western MA real estate publications over the weekend. We don't want to move anytime soon, but we'd like to be in a more open and accepting school district by the time Hester hits kindergarten. It's funny how much less scary it is to think about buying a house the second time around. Of course, it's terrifying to think of selling this one, but people sell their houses all the time. We'll do our research, talk with our peeps, and we'll be fine. We're lucky that our current house is in an area that's appreciated a lot over the last several years; also, there are always first-time homeowners looking for a good deal. Our house is teeny tiny, but it's in move-in condition. You can't say that about an awful lot of houses in our price range in this area.

************************************************************

Thanks for your suggestions about transferring files from the old computer to the laptop. We ended up going with a free internet storage site; so far, it's working well. Thanks again for the advice.

************************************************************

Hester started experimenting with her voice today. She's been squealing and babbling up a storm! It's so nice to hear her sweet little voice.

************************************************************

We have Baby's First Pride this weekend! It's Boston Pride, and we're so excited to be marching for the first time with our little Hester. I've been dreaming of this day for years, and I can't believe it's almost here.

************************************************************

I'm feeling much better after a quiet weekend with my little family. We spent Saturday in western Mass and yesterday on the couch...it was heavenly. We made plans for the summer (Tanglewood, anyone?) and watched craploads of Scrubs. Good times, friends, good times.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! I'm so glad you had a good weekend! Also, Hester's all, "Mama, check out this weird sound that comes out of my face! Awesome!"

4:13 PM  
Blogger LymeAware said...

I'm so glad your weekend was better. It really sounded like you had a pretty awful week.

I had been out of town all week and am just now catching up. I think it's sweet that you made you made up a list of happy things from the week- I like the optimism, while appreciating your openness around your hard times.

Here's to a better week!

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home