Friday, May 11, 2007

It's Provider Appreciation Day all over again

Yesterday afternoon I had my surprise state licensing visit, and boy howdy was it ever a surprise! My licensor came at naptime and I thought he was my neighbor coming over with more hand-me-downs for Hester. Seriously, I was shocked to see him. I'm glad I run a pretty tight ship: My license was renewed for another 3 years without incident and I didn't get a single noncompliance. What a relief.

And now today is Child Care Provider Appreciation Day. If you know a child care provider, show her/him some love! I celebrated by putting my feet up and drinking an iced latte while the kids watched Sesame Street all morning.

In my dreams, y'all.

Actually, I hosted a birthday party for 7 children complete with balloons, child-decorated party visors, and cupcakes. Sigh. At least Hester got to attend her first-ever birthday party; she got green frosting on her eyebrow. That should count for something.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, is there a picture of my darling niece with said green frosting? Awesome!

I can't believe how you got to celebrate your day! Well, happy child care provider appreciation day! I appreciate you! ;)

4:23 PM  
Blogger Psycho Kitty said...

Hey, it's officially Mothers' Day out there in your neck of the woods, my friend.

Happy Mothers' Day to you both. Give your girls a kiss from me, and one for you, too.

xo
PK

12:25 AM  
Blogger Chrissy said...

Happy Mothers Day

I wanted to ask you a quick question about gdiapers, we cant get them here so I have to ship them out from the states and i was wondering if you could tell me approximately how many of the liners do you go through each week? Thanks

I also wanted to say your blog is great, my son is adopted, he was born on the 10th of jan, so is 4 months old and we brought him home on the same day as Hester came home :) its an amazing feeling isn't it?

thanks
Chrissy

11:16 PM  
Blogger Canada said...

Happy Mothers' Day, Clementine! I hope your first is extra special :)

11:46 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Hey Chrissy, sorry it's taken me a while to respond to your question! Do you have an email address I can use to give you more info? You can write to me at lifetwokeys@yahoo.com. Thanks, and best wishes to you and your baby son.

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home