Thursday, May 11, 2006

Child Care Provider Appreciation Day

It's tomorrow, according to the good folks at the Child and Adult Care Food Program. They "encourage parents to show their child care providers how much they appreciate them," which is a little AWKWARD since guess who'd have to tell the parents about Child Care Provider Appreciation Day in the first place? You see my problem. It's a little like throwing your own surprise party, no?

Also, note the proximity to Mother's Day. Not a choice.

I'm thinkin' I'm going to celebrate by planning a whole day of non-messy meals for the kids. I'll appreciate my own damn self by cutting down clean-up time: tomorrow there'll no wiping guacamole out of ears or cleaning chili off windowpanes, by gum! We'll use the extra time to do something really fun like cheater fingerpainting with Crayola no-mess paint. Excellent.

3 Comments:

Blogger Canada said...

Oh, I love the Crayola no-mess stuff (it is a bit greasy if, like my daughter, you scoop up big chunks of it, but at least it's not a colour!). Since you have young'uns, you could also (on a more messy day) use Kool-Aid to colour plain or vanilla yogurt to finger paint - totally non-toxic (well, depends on whether you consider Kool-Aid toxic!)

Happy Caregiver Appreciation Day!

3:22 PM  
Blogger Psycho Kitty said...

Happy CA day to you, honey!

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed this...was all around the country as you know. I'm sorry you didn't get to properly appreciate yourself!

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home