Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Lullaby rant

I'm so pissy and tired right now. Insomniacs, how do you do it? I woke up at 9:45pm to take care of Clara and I haven't been able to go back to sleep. My mind is whirring and my stomach's killing me. The worst part is the anticipation of tomorrow: I'll need my full reserve of energy to care for the kids. Maybe a list would help ease my mind. It's worth a try--I'm not an INFJ for nothing.

Things That Are Keeping Me Up:

1. Petunia's going to be mad at herself for choosing a light fixture that's too tall for our 7-ft. ceilings. It's so cute, too, which kills me. It would be perfect for our kitchen if we had higher ceilings.

2. There's a rally against John Fresolo at the Stop & Shop this Saturday. Part of me wants to go, but I'm really not trying to get myself arrested. Plus, it's Northampton Pride. We talked about not going, but I'd like to reserve the option just in case.

3. It's confirmed: Melissa Murgo is running against Fresolo this fall. Thanks goodness.

4. Orca is in Florida with his GF; soon, they'll be in the Bahamas. I'm so jealous I could spit.

5. After Sster's news at Boomerific, I'm thinking about our Hester Willa. You know, all the big questions (who, what, when, where, why, how).

6. After Junior spiked that fever today, I'm worried about what'll happen when Hester spikes a fever while I'm working. Petunia and I have talked about this, but it still scares me. What will I do? Will I have to send the other kids home? Will I be able to separate Hester from the other kids? I know I'm borrowing trouble, but I'm still worried.

7. Clara's barking scared the shit out of me. It woke me from a dead sleep; in fact, I thought she'd been beside me until I heard her downstairs and realized that Petunia was lying next to me reading her book. Clara barked her crazy loud protective bark, which she does v. infrequently. When she sounds like that, I pay attention.

8. I hope this prospective family works out. The child is a sweetheart and his mom seems v. nice. It would mean a little extra income over the summer, too, which isn't a bad thing.

9. What am I going to do for my birthday? Jenny and I are having our private Psychic Twin celebration, but folks keep asking me if I'm having a party. Should I have a party? If so, where should it be? Having it here would be fun but lots of work, but I haven't thought of another venue.

********************

You know, I do feel better. Maybe I can even go to sleep.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This has nothing to do with anything, but the part of this post that I found very confusing was that you woke up at 9:45pm. I was like what does she mean? Why was she asleep before 9:45pm?

I know you get up at the butt crack of dawn but it still took me a while to realize that some people actually go to bed when they're supposed to based on when they get up.

Me for instance, not so much. Last night I was up till 2:45. Oops.

9:39 AM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Um, yeah. I'm a total loser--I try to be in bed at nine so I can get myself up at the ass crack. It's a sad, sad state of affairs. Last night I went to bed at 8:30pm and probably fell asleep at 9pm, so when I woke up at 9:45pm I thought it was the middle of the night.

I did end up falling asleep after writing this ranty post, though.

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad the rant let you go back to sleep. Poor AJWP.

1:03 PM  
Blogger Psycho Kitty said...

I knew there was a reason I liked you so much! Fellow sleepers, unite!
And hell yes, you should have a party!
This is just off the top of my head, but when HW arrives, you could let the other parents know that in the event HW develops an illness that could be contagious, you will let them know and give them the option of 1) sending their kid in anyway with the understanding that if said kid gets sick, they'll have to stay home per the usual rules, or 2) keeping their own child home while HW is ill, and not paying you for those days. This might also mean that you want to have the number of someone who can come in and help out with the other kiddos on those days, cause a cranky, sick HW will need more attention than usual.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Canada said...

The really good part about your child care program is that HW will be exposed to all those little germs early on, and develop kick-ass immunity. That will be a HUGE bonus when s/he goes to school and is able to fight off the majority of illnesses there.

And I'm with JPP - "awakened" at 9:45?! Wow. I was tired last night, and have a sinus headache over one eye (still!), so I was in bed early - at 11:30!

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home