Wednesday, April 26, 2006

More goodness

The hits just keep on coming! Check out these other bits of good news today:


--I received some books I'd ordered, Bleachy-Haired Honky Bitch and Subversive Cross Stitch. A sample of Starbucks Verona coffee was included with my order.

--The Rape Crisis Center just called to say that I won Tanglewood tickets and a spa day for Clary B. in their silent auction last Sunday. Yay--I'd been meaning to check out Tanglewood's schedule, and now I already have lawn tickets!

--The electric company okayed some work we need to have done this weekend, which will save us time and headaches (we're having our trees trimmed on Saturday and need to have our power line dropped for the morning).

--I made Thai iced tea for the first time this season. I ask you, is there anything better in this world than sweetened condensed milk?

--One of my kids jumped for the first time today. He'd been working up to it for weeks, but today he got both feet off the ground at once. Even better, his dad was still here to see it!

So far, it's been a banner day. When it rains, it pours, you know?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bitch! I was going to get you that cross-stitch book for your birthday! See, we are psychic twins!

4:40 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Dear JPP,

Ha! That's hysterical. We must have ESPN.

love,
Your psychic twin

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We totally have ESPN! I just saw it at Borders this weekend and was like, AJWP would love that, it's perfect! ;)

8:37 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Remember: Her art disturbed her.

Also, I always forget how I shouldn't buy anything for myself the month before my birthday. Fortunately, I have a swell idea for your birthday, and I know you won't get it anywhere else! Yay.

6:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I know her art disturbed her! Exactly! ;)

OK, you're forgiven. At least I get psychic twin ESPN credit.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Clementine said...

So if I wanted to make you a little cross stitchy something for your b-day, do you have preferred colors? (Besides blush and bashful, I mean.)

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmm. I like pretty blues. And bright springy greens.

2:32 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Okay, lady. Good to know!

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home