Thursday, April 20, 2006

4 unrelated parts

Part 1
Last night L&Y came over to talk about music for their wedding, which means Petunia played Closer to Fine for them and L&Y played shaker eggs in accompaniment. I swear I'm not making this up. Lesbians are crazy, you know?

Part 2
Last night was my last rape crisis center shift of the month, which means I'm now free to move about the cabin. Tonight I have to stop by the library, run a friend out to Spencer to pick up her chainsaw (again with the lesbians!), go to the grocery, pick up a prescription, deposit a check, and drop off some used clothes at Savers. See what happens when you can't leave the house for 3 days running?

Part 3
I had a nice talk with my dad last night, and I'm feeling more hopeful about our adoption plans and my family's involvement. I'm trying to be patient, but it's hard.

Part 4
Heard in my kitchen this morning:

Petunia to kids: I'm going to pet my snake friend inside my pocket.
Kids: Ssss! Ssss! Snakeys! Ssss!
AJWP: Now I'm going to lose my license.

The kids love Petunia--she's a total rockstar to them. They love everything about her, from the way she makes us breakfast to her shiny new crutches. On Tuesday, my oldest drew a picture just for her (and hello? He's never drawn a picture for me), then called up the stairs to her, "I love you, Pet!"

That's all.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

#1 It's not just the lesbians who are crazy. If I were there I also would have been happy to play CTF and I would have happily sung along. Revise to Lesbians and Smithies. Ha ha.

#2 You never realize how much you need to run around until you can't, right?

#3 Good.

#4 This is fucking funny. Also, can you please tell me more about the snake in the pocket? Not a choice! Also, I'm sorry your oldest snubbed you in the picture department, but it makes the whole thing funnier. Of course they love Petunia, how could they help themselves? ;)

2:03 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Oh my god, it was so funny: The kids were running around making hissing sounds with rubber snakes when they all clustered around Petunia. They jabbed their snakes in her face and made their snakes bite or kiss her, depending on whether the serpent in question was "nice" or "scary." The oldest kid (who just discovered the magic of pockets) put his snake in the pouch of her hoodie, saying, "Hey, you have a snake in your pocket!" which made me snort. Petunia answered him by saying she was going to pet her snake friend...and the rest is herstory (ha!).

Also, it's true: I know you would have played CTF last night. You're good like that.

3:18 PM  
Blogger Canada said...

Re: numer 4. It's a damn good thing you guys are lesbians - petting the snake in the pocket is a BAAAAD thing if you're a man!


Long live the egg shakers!! (my fave group instrument)

5:05 PM  
Blogger Alexandra said...

I love how kids always say "ssss" when impersonating snakes. So cute!

You are so lucky to get to spend your days with children. And with chainsaw-owning lesbians. How cool is that?

Makes me want to start a daycare center for child lesbians. We can do home-improvement-oriented crafts and make egg-shaker instruments and read this blog all the time.

But I do that last thing anyway, so hey.

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home