Friday, April 14, 2006

Here come the brides

Our friends L&Y are getting married on May 13, and last night they came over to talk turkey with us about their plans. It turns out that Petunia will be playing her guitar and singing during their ceremony, which will be lovely. I'll be doing a reading, helping with set-up, taking photographs, minding the gifts, and paying the restaurant folks; in short, bossing people around all day and night.

I love this plan!

This is my true calling. Ever since I saw J.Lo. pull that Evian spray mist from her blazer in The Wedding Planner, I've aspired to a similar position of bossiness and responsibility. And not for nothing, I've had 3 weddings myself. I know a little something about the bridal industry. I'm knowledgeable about Biedermeier bouquets and fondant frosting; I've even learned to pin boutonnieres correctly. Being Prepared is one of my greatest talents, so I'm a natural for this role. Wish me luck on their (read: my) big day!

5 Comments:

Blogger Psycho Kitty said...

Oh, you are going to ROCK that wedding!

10:24 PM  
Blogger Alexandra said...

Hmm - is there a top LGBT wedding planner yet? Like a celebrity-status one that specializes only in same-sex weddings? Because honestly, I think that's an awesome idea, and that you'd make a fortune.
Plus, you'd get to marry all your favorite gay and lesbian stars! How cool would it be to pick out table settings for Portia de Rossi? Or watch Ellen get all Bridezilla? Seriously, think about it.

1:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha ha. I love that idea, Miss Scarlet.

Miss AJWP, when is "your " big day?

1:21 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

It's a great idea, except I think the big lesbo celebs would prefer a planner with a little more couth. I don't think that a ratty Smith sweatshirt and Mom jeans says "classy event planner," do you?

My/their big day is on May 13. Awesome, no?

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, as long as you don't attend the event in said ratty sweatshirt and jeans, I think you're OK. You clean up real good, AJWP. ;)

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home