Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Spit shine

I have an interview tonight with a new family, which means I'm v. stressed today. I've been cleaning/picking up like crazy, trying to fit it in when the boys are occupied with other things. The boys will leave between 5:30-6pm and my interview with the new family is at 6:30pm, which means I have many things to do between now and then:

--finish dusting living room
--inspect plush balls, stuffed animals, and all fabric surfaces for baby snot/spit; if snotty/spitty, spot clean or hide in washing machine (and remember to run washer after interview)
--sweep downstairs and spot mop
--clean top of fridge (in case the mom is tall, you know?)
--sweep and spot mop upstairs
--vacuum entryway and bedroom
--clean windows and mirrors
--wash dishes and put away
--clean up yard toys and pick up Clary's poo
--sweep front porch
--change shirt

I think that's it. I HATE these interviews--they're so stressful! They always go well, but the long day and extra housework nearly kills me. Also, of course I'm on call tonight for the rape crisis center; with my luck, I'll probably get a crisis call at 6:45pm. Knock wood that doesn't happen!

6 Comments:

Blogger Hashbrown said...

Hey Baby,
I wish I could help more today. Maybe I could mop while sitting in a chair or dust using one crutch. I am sure you will do great and they will be v. impressed with your facility/home/style and standard of care.

4:54 PM  
Blogger Alexandra said...

Oh no! Pearl, I am 5'3 and have NEVER cleaned the top of my fridge! You guys may have just saved my future as a domestic dynamo. Again!

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

An update: The interview went well, thank goodness.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Hashbrown said...

She is being shy. AJWP Rocked that interview and the woman and child were in LOVE with her and the program. Way to go AJWP!

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck! I'm sure it will be fine. :)

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I'm an idiot - this was yesterday. Good job!

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home