Thursday, April 27, 2006

Tough titty

So I have this recurring problem of being caught in my bra by random men as I'm getting dressed for work. What gives?

It started in 2000 when a police officer came to the door to tell Petunia she needed to move her car. I'd been heading from the bathroom to the bedroom to put on my shirt after brushing my teeth, but I froze when the officer announced himself. The bra? Orange cotton.

In 2002, we were living in a 3rd floor apartment in Dorchester when I saw some arborists trimming the neighbors' trees. I thought it was safe to get dressed as normal, but I didn't realize their cherrypickers could swivel and get a nice view of the bathroom from the skylight. Oops! The bra? Cheapo beige from Wal-Mart.

Which brings us to this morning, when I was running v. late and decided to wash my hair in the kitchen sink rather than risk a whole shower. I took off my t-shirt so I wouldn't get water all over it, and as I was drying my hair I heard the screen door open (of course I thought I'd latched it). A second later, Rob poked his head in and set our newspaper just inside the screen door, so I don't know if he got a good look. Of course, judging from past situations, I'm pretty sure he did. The bra: sheer blue with flowers.

The funniest part of all this is that I don't generally run around the house in my bra. I'm not some Matthew McConaughey playing bongos naked in my living room, know what I mean? I wear some questionable outfits, to be sure, but I'm usually fully clothed. Even in summer, my skimpiest outfits involve boxer shorts and tank tops. So here's what I want to know: does this happen to other people too, or am I just special?

On second thought, don't answer that.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're special. This never happens to me. What gives?

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never happens to me. You are special.

5:17 PM  
Blogger Psycho Kitty said...

Oh, you're special, honey.
Did I ever tell you about my coworker who got her skirt caught in her pantyhose and then flashed an entire construction crew?

6:13 PM  
Blogger Hashbrown said...

Ok, I guess I was not fully truthful. When I fell and broke my leg recently, my shirt some how ended up around my armpits. I flashed the neighbors my bra and hell if i know what bra it was.

7:47 PM  
Blogger Canada said...

I've been caught in a towel more than once. :)

11:00 PM  
Blogger J said...

I'm not a bongoing hippy but, uhm, I walk around our house naked (well, topless) a lot. And we don't have shades/curtains on all the windows. I figure, if they're looking...well, they deserve it.

I try to think they're not looking.

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home