Wednesday, January 17, 2007

A small update

On Sunday Baby was moved from the nursery to the NICU. We've spent every moment we can with her. She's starting to be very sick, but it's nothing that we hadn't anticipated. It's very hard to watch her go through this, but she will get through it. She's an amazingly strong little girl who has lots of love, support, and skilled nursing to help her recover.

I have been reluctant to post anything of substance because this baby is still not our daughter. Her parents assure us at every turn that they plan to sign this week, but it's difficult for them to coordinate their schedules/lives to do that during normal work hours. We've been parenting her since her birth and her parents have given us free access to her at the hospital, but we don't have any legal power. It's been so very stressful, but every moment with the baby is a blessing beyond blessings. We try to stay patient and not let our fears get the best of us. Mostly we do fine, but occasionally we get overwhelmed.

Today we're home from the NICU; I have to work and Petunia has to run to the parents' adoption agency to pick up tons of paperwork. We'll head back to the hospital after work and we'll probably stay the night again. I'll post again when I know something more, but in the meantime please keep us, the baby's parents, and BabyGirl herself in your thoughts and prayers. All of us can use all the good thoughts we can get.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger frog said...

Definitely in my prayers--thanks so much for taking the time to post an update!

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was hoping for an update from you. What a stressful week. Good health to all of you, especially that little baby girl.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Shirky said...

we are thinking of you and the little baby.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Canada said...

You know it's just about all I'm thinking of! Love and best wishes to all of you.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Thanks for your kind wishes, everyone. I'll post more when I know more.

Mama2BandT, I won't be talking online about BabyGirl's medical difficulties, though I wish I could. I want to keep that part of her story private until she's old enough to be the first to hear all of it. I sure do appreciate your concern, though!

2:17 PM  
Blogger LymeAware said...

Clementine, I've been wanting to tell you and Petunia (please share with her) how much you both have been in my thoughts. When I returned from Philly and read of the birth of this beautiful baby girl, I was so touched - and continue to be.

Sometimes when I am particularly touched by a blog post (or, most things, my husband will say) I have a hard time putting any words to what I am feeling. So, although I can't find the words to say what I want to, I want you to know that you have another light shining here from FL for you all. You, Petunia, babygirl's family, and BabyGirl are in my thoughts and hopes and best wishes.

Your experience has somehow come to mean a lot to me over a short period of time. I truly wish the best for all of you.

4:57 PM  
Blogger Lola said...

huge thoughts, wishes, crossed fingers and hugs
lola

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of you all and saying a prayer for Baby Girl.

She is surrounded by love so she will pull through.

Wendy, John and Jake

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home