Monday, August 21, 2006

Baby Pea

My new little baby is here today, all 11 lbs. of him asleep and dreaming. I've been looking forward to having another baby with me for 10 months now, and I'm so glad he's here! He's sweetness itself, all velvety skin and urgent little body. I had some trouble figuring out his preferred position for burping, but other than that we're getting along splendidly.

The other kids like him a lot, too. That's saying something, though I'm a little worried that the novelty of having a baby with us will wear off when they realize they can't haul him around and drop him on his head like they do their baby dolls. They sure like his accessories, though--the big kids have had a blast pretending to be babies with the soft rattles and the baby gym.

It's good times here in Kiddieville.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hashbrown said...

Hey baby
I am glad it is going so great today with little pea. I knew it would go well from your excitement last night as you got out all the infant toys.

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good day with the new baby. How old is Baby Pea? 11 pounds - so small!

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home