Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Lone Star State

Y'all don't even wanna think about messin' with Texas! Especially not at the end of October, since that's when I'll be visiting my brother Orca and his GF Beluga. The 2 lovebirds (lovewhales? That doesn't sound right) just moved in together and they're blissfully happy, and I'm going to crash their party in a mere couple of months. I'm so excited!

On AJWP's Texas-Size To Do List:
--eat as many Pink Lady with Cream snowcones as my digestive system will allow
--partake of many a Tex-Mex meal with Orca and Beluga
--visit the marine mammals that Orca and Beluga rescue, if they'll let me (I promise I won't touch anything)
--parade up and down the seawall and the historic district
--ride in Orca's Mini Cooper (too bad he drives stick so I can't drive it myself)
--tell tales on Orca (his "doll collection," his childhood nicknames, the time I tricked him about The Golden Girls, etc.). Beluga needs to know what she's gotten herself into!
--see if I can't find Canada one of those t-shirts she wants
--help Orca prepare Beluga for our family's Christmas celebration--it'll be her first time celebrating the holidays with The Fam
--go wherever Orca and Beluga suggest...Sea World, San Antonio, anywhere they want

I'm ready for a Texas-size adventure!

5 Comments:

Blogger Canada said...

lovin' it!! Say hi for me! And maybe he can teach you to drive stick - I'm sure he won't mind if you grind the gears a little, right?

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AJWP, it's illegal that you don't know how to drive stick. You should learn. I'm sure your bro is just the one to teach you. ;)

If he doesn't, someday I'm going to have to take it upon myself. By the time I own a car again we'll probably be in our fifties, so that will be quite a sight.

1:11 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Here's the problem, though: I don't want to learn how to drive stick. I like having my hands and feet free. If I had to work a stick shift, how would I hold my coffee cup? Or my ketchup and fries? Or my knitting? Or my magazine?

Ha ha, just kidding. I only knit and read at red lights.

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's OK if you never buy a standard car but you know, it could come up. And wouldn't you feel silly if you were stranded somewhere and you had access to a car but it was stick and you couldn't drive it 5 feet without stalling? It's a skill you should acquire, that's all. I'm only looking out for your best interests, AJWP. Oh, and also, I think it would be really funny to watch you fuck up until you figure it out. Ha ha ha.

Yeah, I'm nice like that.

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, you know you don't have to have your hand constantly on the gear shift, right? OK, just checking. Or the clutch either. Just occasionally. OK. I'm finished. Go back to your work, Jenny.

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home