Friday, November 03, 2006

Super J strikes again

Between yesterday and today, I've been ultraproductive. I've managed to knock the following things off my To Do list:

--Talked with 2 doctors at local hospitals who specialize in adoption. For a fee, either one will read and interpret Hester's medical chart so we'll know a bit more of what to expect re: Hester's health. For one of the doctors, we can prepay now so we won't face the expense of 2 experts right at match time. That's good news, eh?

--Ordered a crapload of resources from the ACONE library re: prenatal substance exposure. I'll pick up the materials tomorrow at our class. I love ACONE!

--Paid some bills. Good times there.

--Scheduled a vet visit for our Josie. Just routine, thank goodness.

--Scheduled a pediatrician interview with the woman we hope to have as Hester's doctor. I really liked her on the phone--can you believe I've already talked with her twice and I don't even have a baby yet? She's probably like, "Sheesh, enough already!"--and I'm looking forward to meeting her. I'm putting together a list of questions for her, so if you have any question suggestions, please share.

--Made Chocolate Malt Sandwich cookies with the kids this morning (recipe from Martha Stewart, of course). Too bad I put in a whole cup of malt powder when the recipe calls for just 1/4 cup, but they turned out fine. Yum!

--Also made homemade mac and cheese from my awesome diner cookbook. Double yum!

--And finally, I'm pretty sure I'm going to have another kiddo joining us part-time for work! Just 1-2 mornings a week, but still. His family is friends with another of my families, and I hope it'll be a good match.

All I can say is that my antibiotic must be working--I feel better than I have in days. Much more like my crazy hardcore organized self!

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

a whole cup of malt powder...OMG. Clementine's Chocolate Malt Bomb! heehee

4:28 PM  
Blogger Hashbrown said...

wow, you are a busy bee.

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are so super J and super crazy. but that's part of your charm. ;)

5:37 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Barb, can you believe that it's actually the frosting that calls for an entire cup of malt powder? These cookies are chock full o'malt!

6:18 PM  
Blogger Canada said...

SO glad you're feeling better. And I'm gonna have to try that recipe.

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home