Monday, October 23, 2006

Hook 'em Horns

On Thursday I'll be flying to Texas. I'll be visiting my brother Orca and his girlfriend Beluga, and I'm really excited about my trip.

I'm also excited because I got the plane tickets FOR FREE!


Last winter, Wendy's and AirTran ran a promotion where if you drank 64 medium drinks at Wendy's, you got a free round-trip ticket on AirTran. Y'all know I love the cheap, so Petunia and I hit our local Wendy's hardcore. I received a few submissions from Ms. Schatzi, plus I picked up 10 or so cups on the street (the litterbugs helped my cause considerably). The rest are from Petunia and me--we took one for the team and drank TONS of coke and diet coke, and the result is a free trip to Texas!

This is my biggest Big "C" coup ever. It even rivals the time when I was a kid and my mom bought bikes for my brother and me using Pepsi coupons; until now, that had been my gold standard for thriftiness. Those bikes were awesome, but you gotta admit that free plane tickets are pretty frickkin' rad.

3 Comments:

Blogger Hashbrown said...

you are the BIG C!!

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You super are and I'm so jealous because I was like 2 cups short because all the fuckin' wendy's stopped stocking them! Nice, really subtle ass-fucks.

SIGH.

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe that really worked-that's so cool. Well it was worth stopping at Wendy's on the way home...the fries weren't bad either!

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home