Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Sleepy lady

I'm having one of those days. If I could just put my head down and close my eyes for a teensy little second.......................... asssssjakshkaassshaakjlleehw8qydfg syagcivew iii.

Snore. Snore.

I'm exhausted. I've been running on empty since before my trip to Texas, and it's just not getting better. I keep being stupid and staying up too late, eating like crap, and going going going when I should be settling down. Part of it is the anxiety about the homestudy--I want to have it in my hot little hands before they change their minds about our fitness to parent!--and part of it is the onslaught of the Annual Winter Viruses. The kids' noses are all green and gunky, and they're coughing like mad to boot. Hmm, I wonder how I got sick in the first place?

Every night when the kids go home, I have the same plan:

1. Clean up toys.
2. Put on jammies.
3. Eat sandwich and drink water.
4. Drive to train and pick up Petunia. Talk with her in the car.
5. Come home and crawl into bed with a page-turner like Adoption and Prenatal Alcohol and Drug Exposure: Research, Policy, and Practice. Read as much as I can stomach.
6. Go to sleep.

The time? 7:30pm.

For the past few weeks, I've been going to sleep around 11pm. My bedtime's at 9pm. This shit has to stop. I have the feeling that if I could get 2 decent nights of sleep, I'd feel SO much better. Petunia's on board with the plan for tonight. We'll see what happens.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, good luck. Go to bed!!! I am the same as you only even more ultra-dumb. Ask me how many nights I've been in bed before 2am lately? Answer: none. That I can remember. Now THAT'S dumb.

4:41 PM  
Blogger Canada said...

Ohh, jenny pp and I are on the same bedtime schedule!! That's waht the decorating does to you.

And Clementine, hang in there. As of Tuesday, you'll have 5 days of put toys away, put on jammies, eat sandwich in bed, read, go to sleep! Though you know I'll miss you tons. . .

8:30 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Um, yeah. So we watched Dancing with the Stars last night on our fuzzy TV. I saw my 1st episode of it on election night (we were hoping for election coverage, but no luck), and HOW COME NO ONE TOLD ME THAT MARIO LOPEZ IS ON IT? A.C. Slater, eat your heart out! Where's Kelly Kapowski now, eh?

We're considering getting basic cable--the 10 channel kind--and heaven help me if we do.

Other than that brief lounge on the couch (so luxurious!), I got to bed at a decent hour. I feel much better today, which is strengthened by the fact that I have tomorrow off for Veteran's Day. Hooray for federal holidays!

But Canada, I'm going to miss my Petunia when she's away at conference. I'l miss seeing you, too!

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home