Friday, March 10, 2006

Macaroni and baloney (Tuna fish, our favorite dish)

So yesterday I met Petunia in town for some pre-anniversary fried pickles at Cambridge Common. We sat down at our table, placed our orders, and took in the mid-90s vibe that saturated the place last night. As I impressed Petunia with my word-for-word knowledge of “Ain’t Nothing But a She Thing,” our pickles arrived and we started to eat. A few minutes later, we were ridiculing Right Said Fred’s “Too Sexy” when we heard a different sound break in; it was the table behind us with an acoustic guitar, a violin, and 2 idiots pinging their spoons on their water glasses. They played softly at first, but before long they were full-on jamming. I felt like I was in Fame and we were doing the “Hot Lunch Jam.” WEIRD, right? Before long, a man at another table yelled at the group to shut up, which they did. On their way out, one of the musicians complained, “We’re in a public place, and this is the way we communicate with each other.”

I didn’t snarf, but I came close.

4 Comments:

Blogger Hashbrown said...

It was really fucked up, dude!

7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so bizarre and funny. Also, am I dumb? Where's Cambridge Common? Is it in Central Square?

1:48 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

It's in Porter Square. We should go--we could have a Date Night!

1:59 PM  
Blogger Cupcake said...

Excellent quotation of "Hot Lunch Jam". I was in a cabaret once where we performed that song. During the dance break, I had to climb onto the knees of two guys then jump into a split. Needless to say, it was a disaster. And I think I heard one of the guys groan every night when I climbed onto his waiting knee.

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home