Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Me & Ma

I'm turning into a 21st century Ma Ingalls. I can't decide if this is scary or funny, but it's the damn truth. See comparisons below:

Ma: had basket of mending
AJWP: just stitched patch reading "kiss me" onto torn pocket of Petunia's jeans

Ma: went into town every other month to buy dry goods
AJWP: goes to BJ's every other month to buy bulk baby wipes and pickles

Ma: made own cheese from lining of cow's stomach
AJWP: eats lots of cheese

Ma: kept pot of soup warm for Pa
AJWP: burns Crock Pot chili for Petunia

Ma: Motto: "Waste not, want not"
AJWP: Motto: "When in doubt, throw it out"

See what I mean?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are wicked funny! Ma Ingles has got nothing on you!!

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, this totally cracks me up. I heart AJWP!

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Ma:

I need a new Sunday dress. Will you please consider taking the beautiful blue polka-dot material you have been saving for your own dress and instead make new matching dresses for me and Mary?

Thanks.

Love,
Laura

Also, that episode makes my heart hurt.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Psycho Kitty said...

Join me, sister, and we will rule the prairie!
It's a good thing, bein' Ma.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Dear Laura,

I will do no such thing--you must wear red since you have brown hair, and Mary must wear blue since she has blonde hair. That's the rule on the prairie.

love,
Ma

PS--Put your sunbonnet back on.
PPS--Leave that badger alone!

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home