Sunday, February 26, 2006

The Big "C"s

When I was in college, my friends coined the term The Big "C" to describe a person who gets a huge bargain on goods or services. "C" stands for "Consumer," and it's a title of pride and envy among us to this day.

Thankfully, being cheap is a shared value for Petunia and me. We come by it honestly, since both of our families were cash-poor when we were young (in fact, I consider my mom the original Big "C" since she outfitted Orca and me with duds found in neighbors' trash cans and bought our first bikes using hundreds of Pepsi coupons). On weekends, Petunia and I can be found trawling sale and clearance racks wherever we go. And that, my friends, is how we just scored big and outfitted our bedroom with $440 worth of linens for just $44. Hello, 90% off sale at Target! Hello, new bedspread, curtains, pillow shams, and decorative pillows!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And the sale stuff made our bedroom look Very Sensual! Ohhh, I love it. And I love that you are such a Big C!!

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ALSO. 90% off sale? That is ridiculous. How did you even know about that? How were you not trampled by the other people who knew about it? Nice score! You win the title of Big C for life. For real.

2:58 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Ooh, it was fierce! It was a "right place, right time" situation, and we lucked out bigtime. In addition to the bedroom stuff, we also got a beautiful tablecloth for $4.99 and 2 sets of 4 matching napkins for $1.99 each (my math says all that would have originally cost NINETY DOLLARS--is that even right?). It was definitely a Big "C" coup.

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home