Monday, February 20, 2006

I cannot tell a lie

Holy crap, I LOVE federal holidays! I'm lucky to have the day off, and I'm using the time v. constructively. It's only 10am, but just look at what I've done so far:

--6:30am: Wake up; brush teeth; make coffee
--7am: Drive Petunia to commuter train in Framingham
--8am: Get Clover's oil changed, finally
--8:30am: Swing by Target to pick up cat food for neighbor and Baked Lays and sour cream for me (note the gleam in my salt-crazed, PMS eyes)
--9am: Arrive home; cavort with Clary B.; mix up ranch dip
--9:10am: Make turkey hotdogs and eat with chips & dip while reading article in T&G about how Baked Lays are a good choice for snacking, but how you shouldn't eat 1/4 of the bag in one sitting (oops); feel grateful that I don't have to be a good role model today
--9:35am: Start laundry; get out Pledge to start dusting upstairs
--9:40am: Decide to listen to some archived This American Life shows while cleaning; get distracted by blogs
--10am: Write this post; wish for the 1000th time that Mr. Belvedere would come over to do some light housekeeping

So that's not a bad start to the day, is it? And it's going to get even better, too--I'm taking myself out for lunch! After that I'm going into Boston to pick up Petunia, visit Papersource, and eat some fried pickles (the salt thing just won't quit). Good times! Here's wishing you a happy Presidents' Day as well.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hot dogs and chips in the morning! I love that you are not afraid to be exactly who you are and let everyone else know as well. You are fantastic.

9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AJPP, you rock. I'm all about hot dogs and chips in the morning. I also enjoy things such as ice cream as an appetizer for dinner and eating an entire bag of chips in one sitting with Rob Reed. :) I hope you had a fun day off! Also, fried pickles - not a choice.

9:02 AM  
Blogger frog said...

Fried pickles? Tell me more!

12:04 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

For Frog: About the Fried Pickle

Fried pickles are the best! I can't sing their praises enough. Fried pickles are a friend to PMS-ridden sisters everywhere, and they are known throughout the land as the best Fry food ever. (I haven't tried fried Snickers bars, though, so I reserve the right to change my mind in the future.)

Fried pickles = salty, Fry, dill-y goodness. They're a Southern classic (of course!), but you can find them on the menu at random places up here in the Northland. I bet you can find them near you, too--just do a google search for "fried pickles" and your city. Voila!

The best fried pickles I've ever had in all my days were from Katz's Deli in Austin, TX, but our own Armadillo Depot here in Worcester used to serve some very fine specimens as well. In the world of fried pickles, there's a great debate: spears or chips? I prefer the spear; Petunia prefers the chip. You'll have to try both and tell me your preference. In either case, they're served with ranch dressing for extra heart-healthy tastiness.

For Jenny: Fried pickles are most definitely a choice! Don't knock the fried pickle, dude.

2:20 PM  
Blogger Steven Siu said...

Oh my god, fried pickles. I thought I'd heard the last of them when I left Harrisonburg, VA. They're a southern classic? Why did I never see one in NN? For some reason, since you were an army brat, I thought that stint in NN was your only southern exposure... you took off to MA right after that, ja?

12:16 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Ja. But you forgot I also lived in Texas, Louisiana, Tennessee (well, the base was in KY but our quarters were in TN), and North Carolina. Until I moved to MA and became a faux Yankee, I spent more time down South than in the Northland.

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home