Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Noses are red, bruises are blue

Who needs champagne and chocolates? We're celebrating this very special Valentine's Day with a bottle of Robitussin and a box of Puffs Plus. Cheers all around! In honor of the festivities, here's a little V-Day ditty from my house to yours:

Don't kiss your honey
When your nose is runny.
You may think it's funny,
But it's not.

Thinking about Valentine's Day reminds me that this time last year I was lying in a heap at the bottom of the basement stairs. It was a truly spectacular display of clumsiness: one moment I was starting down the rickety basement steps; the next moment I was pulling boxes down on my head as I plummeted toward the concrete floor. I lived to tell the tale, but my bruises lasted a month and a half. Nothing says "romance" like a cold compress and a bottle of ibuprofen, eh?

Happy Valentine's Day, y'all!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day! I always remember our dates in college for Valentine's Day in honor of singles everywhere. :)

Also, I love your poem, even though you are a big D-O-R-K.

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

by the way, please observe today's valentine's Engrish.com find.

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy V day honey. Sorry the only moaning that you will hear today is me after a particularly bad coughing fit. Hey children in the family child care, Thanks so much for the illness. I cannot think of a better way to spend the holiday than to cough, blow my nose, ache, and feel like crap. So very sexy and romantic. Anyway, I love you baby!

1:01 PM  
Blogger frog said...

Yes, well, I gave my brand new love diarrhea for our first VDay. So, I feel your pain.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Frog, you totally win! Diarrhea ALWAYS wins.

3:13 PM  
Blogger Hashbrown said...

Yeah Frog,
that wasn't a nice present to give your new love.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Hashbrown said...

A sickness riddle for all you literary types!

If your feet smell,
And your nose runs,
You're upside-down.

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How high was your fever again? ;)

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home