Friday, February 24, 2006

"Are they made from real Girl Scouts?"

Hooray! Our Girl Scout cookies have arrived! In honor of this joyous occasion, here are three Girl Scout facts and one important question:

1. I dropped out of Brownies in the early 1980s because they wanted me to sew dolls from old socks. Instead, I attended my brother's Cub Scout meetings and learned all the words to the Boy Scout Oath. Hmm, I wonder if that's what made me gay?
2. The cookie known as the Samoa in other parts of the United States is called a Caramel DeLite here in New England. The official story: there are 2 different suppliers, and they get to name the cookies whatever they want. My guess: New Enganders love to pretend we're PC, so we'd boycott a cookie called "Samoa" while complaining that the supplier is "wicked retahded" for naming it that.
3. The Girl Scouts don't discriminate against lesbians the way the Boy Scouts discriminate against gay men and boys. Do you think that's because so many troop leaders are lezzies?

And finally: Whatever happened to the Trefoil? "Classic shortbread," indeed.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Without a doubt.
2. New Englanders are wicked retahded.
3. It's because lezzies are good campers.

What the f is a trefoil anyway?

4:59 PM  
Blogger Hashbrown said...

It is a three-lobed circle or arch formed by cusping.

That clears it up.

My work is done here.

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home