Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Let's call the whole thing off

I'll just say it: I hate sports. I'm pissed that I have to hear coverage of the Olympics while I'm mopping and Lysol-ing at 6:30am, and I couldn't give a damn about Emily Hughes replacing Michelle Kwan in women's figure skating. To me, the whole thing is a gigantic waste of time, just like the SuperBowl and the World Series. This time around, I'm extra-special pissed about the name change from Turin to Torino. What's next, Cologne to Koln? NO, because Koln isn't "exotic" enough. It's all about consistency, people: We don't say Firenze for Florence, now do we?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But AJPP... what about our summer of 1996... you trapped in a crazy attic apartment in Noho... me trapped in my parents'house in Ohio... both of us watching the Olympics in Atlanta way too much and crying when an American won a medal?

Oh, wait, I think we were both mentally unbalanced that summer.

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You two? Mentally unbalanced? I never would have guessed that.

AJWP, it's okay for you to hate sports. But I'm sorry, you cannot hate the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Oh, and if you can explain to me why exactly the 2006 Olympics are snooze-a-rama I'm all ears. I've never cared less. Even Katie Couric can't make the games interesting to me. How sad is that?

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI
My friend Wendy passed your site to me!
You ARE funny!
Cheers,
Lola
http://www.laureleanderson.com

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home