Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"You have a baby...in a bar!"

So Hester went to a bar with us last night. On accident, I swear, and under duress. But still, there she was in her jammies looking at all the pretty lights coming through the liquor bottles. I thought our state had laws about this sort of thing, but apparently not. Hmm.

I'll back up for a sec and say that the reason we were in a bar at 9pm last night is that our dear friend L.'s father died unexpectedly over the weekend; his calling hours were last night. We went up right after work and missed dinner, but L. said that everyone was going out after the wake. We drove up to the restaurant, parked, walked in, and immediately realized that the restaurant side of the place was closed. However, the pub side was open, so that's where we all took a load off after the emotional evening. There was food and whatnot, but still: It was a bar.

The whole thing kinda cracked me up.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Shirky said...

pretend you're british and go with it!

we've definitely done it and he's never even been the only baby.

2:49 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Now I have Reese Witherspoon's voice stuck in my head!

3:01 PM  
Blogger frog said...

Oh, I pretty well grew up in bars. That's where the best food was when I was a child. No one thought twice about it.

Tell them you're from the Upper Midwest and it's What's Done there. :)

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home