Monday, May 21, 2007

The grandparents are coming! The grandparents are coming!

I'm getting really excited about my parents' visit this weekend. They'll be here Thursday through Monday, and I can't wait for them to meet baby Hester. It was amazing to watch my brother turn into an uncle, and I'm sure it will be just as amazing to watch my parents turn into grandparents. Babies are magical, for real.

Things are mostly in place for their visit, too. The wheelchair has been ordered, the minivan has been reserved, and plans are in place for some fun day trips. I had to wrangle the details out of them, though--when I asked my mom what she wanted to do while she's in town, she said, "I just want to sit in the hotel room and hold my baby!" Honestly, I hope she likes Hester as much in person as she does over the phone/computer.

Tonight I'll be cleaning like a fiend so that I can enjoy my birthday tomorrow night (when I'll turn THIRTY!); I have to organize some things and do a little deep cleaning before the 'rents show up. Other than that, I plan to use the old "the baby's only 4 months old" excuse for any lapse in housekeeping. (And by the way, the only excuse better than a baby in general is a baby in the NICU. Nothing gets people off your back faster than a baby in the NICU...you know, just FYI.)

If you want to tell me about the first time your child met your parents, I'd love to hear your story. Obviously, it's timely, but also I'm PMSy right now and all kinds of mushy. Toodles!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK also, your mom will like Hester MORE in person than over the phone. It's the only possibility.

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home