Friday, May 18, 2007

Croupy baby

Tiny Hester is sicker today. She's got a nice cough now and eating makes her scream. I have her jacked up on infant Tylenol, but she's miserable. My poor precious baby! I hate seeing her suffer and not being able to help. It reminds me of when she was in the hospital, only this illness is more acute (though less serious, thank god). The worst part is how it hurts her to eat--I actually cried with her as I tried to feed her this morning.

We've canceled all of our weekend plans, including my 30th birthday party at the sculpture museum and a walk in memory of Baby A. Instead, I think that Hester and I will be taking lots of baths and that all 3 of us will try to catch up on our sleep. I'm disappointed to miss out on the walk and the party, but I really want Hester to feel better.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger LymeAware said...

I'm sorry you'll miss your fun party and the walk! But it does sound like Hester Willa needs the down time. I hope it will be a good time for you, even if you don't get to go out.

Happy Birthday! (And a late Happy Mother's Day to you both too.)

2:21 PM  
Blogger Canada said...

Oh sweetie, that sounds awful. Croup is no fun (Corwin, not Clara. And this past year was the worst - go figure). So sorry you're missing your party - the actual day isn't 'til next week, right? Please tell me I didn't miss it (I thought I was on top of things!!!)

Speedy recovery to HW, and happy birthday to you.
xo

12:46 AM  
Anonymous Mission Viejo Furniture Cleaning said...

Very thoughtful blog

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home