Thursday, December 07, 2006

Still waiting (and a dash of moo juice)

Yesterday the stress of waiting to hear from Ms. Scary got to me and I totally freaked. I still haven't cried or carried on yet, but yesterday I was absolutely convinced that this Situation would fall apart at any moment. It was a v. tough day.

But today I'm hanging in there. [An aside: When you see the words "Hanging in there," don't you always think of that poster with the kitten from your 3rd grade classroom? I do.] I woke up in a vicious mood, but it's been steadily improving. Now that I know Ms. Stork will call Ms. Scary tomorrow if we don't hear from Ms. Scary today, I can be more patient. Y'all know I like to have a plan.

And also! ALSO! Last night Petunia and I bought a secondhand Medela Pump in Style from the Craigslist. And guess who got some milk droplets this morning and this afternoon? No, not Clara, though she was v. curious about the whole affair. ME! That's right, friends, just call me Bessie. I hand pumped for 26 days and got a big fat nothing, but 2 sessions with the fancy double electric pump got me several droplets. It's a start, anyway. I'm pretty proud of myself.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger art-sweet said...

AWESOME!

Have you been doing any meds or herbs to induce lactation or just pumping?

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gooooo, pump girl!

6:04 PM  
Blogger LymeAware said...

That's really neat. I hadn't heard that was possible until you just wrote about, and I read some online. Sounds like a great thing- good for you.

Glad you have a plan. The lack-of-plan would kill me too.

6:24 PM  
Blogger Psycho Kitty said...

Wow, that's great!
And yeah, those dang electric jobs could suck blood from a stone, so to speak.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Thanks, guys! I'm really psyched.

Art-Sweet, I've been working closely with a midwife friend of mine, and this is what she recommended to me:

--alfalfa
--fenugreek
--goat's rue
--blessed thistle for potential queasiness and general breast health

I also take a calcium supplement to guard against bone loss. If you want to know dosages, etc., or just more information, please feel free to email me--lifetwokeys@yahoo.com.

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home