Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Unexpected VACATION!

Guess who heard today that SHE HAS NO KIDS AT ALL THE WEEK AFTER CHRISTMAS? You guessed correctly: It's me! This is especially exciting because I hadn't written it into my contract for this year, so I thought I'd have my normal full house. But today 2 of my families volunteered that they'd be away, and a third said she would keep her son home if he'd be the only child here. Another kid only comes on Mondays (and I'll be closed for both Christmas and New Year's Day anyway), a second child's family already told me he'd be away, and my last child is on vacation until January 2. Sweetness! This means I'll have to figure out a good plan. I don't want to waste the time, but I don't want to be crazy like I was last year. The thought of so much freedom makes me indecisive, though VEEEEERY happy!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger J said...

Maine is very beautiful that time of year. And cheap!

hahahaha

4:09 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Ha! You know, I do love a little jaunt up the coastline to Kittery and then on to Portland. Hmmm. I'll let you know if I decide to head up your way.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Poor_Statue said...

Hmm....

I've been trying to think of a good way to get those clothes to you. There are a lot and I was really thinking that I'd even make the trip the whole way because it'd be a whole lot easier than packing them up and shipping them. I wanted it to be a pre-Christmas thing, but I'll have that week off too and it might be nice to do coffee or something so I could meet a real live blogger. I don't know anyone who blogs. My friends all think I'm a little weird when I mention it. So anyway (I probably should have put all this in an email, but I'm lazy) what do you think?

9:38 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Hey Poor_Statue, you shouldn't come all that way! I'd be happy to come to you, or we could meet up somewhere in between. Before Christmas would be nice, but the week after Christmas would be lovely as well. Right now I'm playing around with the idea of going to NY to visit my grandma for part of that week, but I wouldn't be gone more than a couple of days. Is there a time that's better for you?

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home