Monday, December 04, 2006

The goings-on

Let's forget the Situation stuff for a moment (AS IF, but let's make believe, okay?). Here's what else has been going on:

--Petunia and I are on a deadline to proofread papers for a sort of auxiliary project Petunia's working on for her job. That's vague, but it's big stuff. If we do a crappy job, there could be v. negative consequences. No pressure, though!

--Petunia is fixin' to fly to Colorado to visit her brother and many of her friends, including the lovely and talented PK and the lovely and talented Chica. I know that Petunia will have a wonderful time with her friends, but the fly in the ointment is this: she'll be seeing her parents for the 1st time since her brother Snapdragon's wedding last summer. Her parents are v. homophobic, which is lots of fun. Petunia's freaking out at the thought of having to deal with them at Snapdragon's graduation.

--Today I had a new child start in my child care program. He's a VERY high energy 2 y.o. who doesn't know much English. Unfortunately, I only know 2 words in his native language. It's good that the word for "dog" is one of them since Clary B. has turned out to be my Goodwill Ambassador. This new child will be with me on Monday mornings until January, and he'll switch to Monday and Friday mornings in the new year. Time to brush up on my language skills.

So that's that. We've been flat-out around the clock since Wednesday. Tonight we hope to catch up on our sleep. I also have more episodes of 90210 to watch, but sleep comes first.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad she liked the album! Hooray! I'm also so glad that Ms. Stork is such a good advocate for you guys. That totally rocks. I heart her.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Me too. I think she's great. She also bargained down her own agency's fees for us. Ms. Stork is the best.

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home