Thursday, September 14, 2006

100 Good Wishes quilt update


We've received 25 squares to date, and they're as beautiful and unique as the senders themselves. Here's a little guide to the squares, from top left to right:

1. sage and cream checks from my college friend and her family; the fabric comes from her daughter's bedding
2. starfish/nautical fabric from Petunia's friend in Rhode Island
3. 3 squares from our hair stylist and her GF; they couldn't decide on just one, so they gave Hester 3 squares
4. summery flowers from a family I used to work for
5. kitty cat fabric from Snapdragon's in-laws; they sent a little book with quotes about cats for Hester's scrapbook (FYI, Snapdragon is Petunia's brother)
6. sea life fine-wale corduroy from our betta fish, Boris (you know we had to put stuff in from the pets!)
7. pink and yellow fabric from me; I'm going to embroider it this weekend
8. chili pepper flannel from Petunia
9. sushi print from Josephine (Reuben's contribution is coming soon)
10. doggy print from Clary B.
11. Pride fabric from Petunia's friend in Pittsburgh
12. love & kind words fabric from Hester's godparents, Trista and Russ
13. blue & cream print from my friends in Detroit, in honor of Smith's colors
14. oak leaf and acorn print from baby A.'s family; the oak leaf is their symbol for baby A.
15. mod disco fabric from our dear family friends in Colorado
15.5. [this one fell as I was taking the photo, so it's not in the picture] mint green fleece from my great aunt
16. blue and yellow flower print from Petunia's supervisor at work; the fabric was her grandmother's
17. bright yellow floral fabric from the furbabies' petsitter
18. train fabric from my auntie
19. purple print from a college friend who's studying in India; she got the fabric at an open-air market in Delhi
20. orange flowers from my cousin S.--her wish for Hester is the funniest of all: "Don't become a Red Sox fan!"
21. lime and fuchsia print from my aunt and uncle
22. kitty cat print from my Grandma W________, a cat lover extraordinaire

I love looking at these fabrics. Sometimes I open up their box and just flip through them, touching them all and thinking about the people who sent them. I wish I could figure out a way to take a photo of the quilt scrapbook for my blog, but I can't since all of the pages contain personal info. It's beautiful, though--so moving and special. This entire quilt process is a blessing, and I'm so grateful to Trista for bringing it into our lives.

6 Comments:

Blogger J said...

I <3 your cousin S:)

I agree with that wish

3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are so awesome! I need to get mine to you. I'm still thinking about what to get. I know I told you one possibility but I haven't actually browsed in that shop yet.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Hashbrown said...

I treasure these fabrics as well. I may not gush over it openly but when thinking of it, I am filled with tears of joy for being blessed with such a loving community of friends and family.

J. I also hope the child is not a Red Sox fan.

JPP, No worries. I know you will find the right one and send it at the right time. We know you love us and love HW already.

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, Hashbrown, that makes my chest hurt. I can't wait to Lennie HW. ;)

11:01 PM  
Blogger Canada said...

Yay on no more Ol Talkie! And I'm sure your hands will be red, raw and pine-scented by Tues, AJWP!!!! (you and I - SO much alike in that respect!)

My Mom brought my fabric - now I just need to write the scrapbook note, and actually mail it. Monday. That's my plan. Monday the 18th. Of Sept. 2006. I will make it to the post office. On Monday. (God, I suck at mailing stuff!)

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to start putting them together for the little one!

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home