Monday, June 05, 2006

My Summer Vacation

We had a wonderful vacation and I'm glad to be home. Here are the best parts of our vacation, in chronological order:

1. Timbits in Connecticut. Why don't we have a Tim Horton's near us?
2. The en suite pool in the Poconos. Fantastic!
3. The crazy 7-ft. tall champagne hot tub--we had movie star bubbles in that thing.
4. Playing camp games with Petunia--shuffleboard, mini-golf, paddleboating (check out the photo--we chose a swan paddleboat in honor of Romeo & Juliet, the lesbian swans in the Boston Public Garden), and archery (my first time--turns out I have a way with a bow and arrow).
5. Reading a whole book while lying in front of the fireplace. It doesn't get more decadent than that.
6. The crazy-tacky faux constellation ceiling in the Poconos bedroom--they're real lights on a dimmer.
7. Going to Chick-Fil-A twice.
8. Sweet tea! How I've missed you, sweet tea.
9. Hearing all those beautiful Virginia accents. Sigh.
10. Seeing my dear friend K. after 11 years (!) and meeting her warm, welcoming sister C.
11. Touring Smithfield Plantation, where K&K had their wedding. Their little English garden was so sweet.
12. Attending K&K's wedding. Lovely!
13. Listening to 5 books on tape by David Sedaris. They got us through the whole trip.
14. Clary B.'s welcome home, quickly followed by Bubby's and Josie's welcomes. They Lennied me as much as I Lennied them.
15. Spending so much QT with my beloved Petunia. It was our first real vacation since our honeymoon in 2001, and it was wonderful. Happy 5th anniversary year to my partner in crime!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you! It was a lovely trip.

8:28 PM  
Blogger J said...

Man, now I want Timbits too.

Lucky for me, I don't have to go to CT, or Canada for them. There are 3 TH's in the greater Portland area.
Yes!

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is awesome, I'm glad you had such a great trip! Also, reading a whole book at once? I don't understand that sentence. What does that mean? Ha ha.

Can't wait to see more pics.

And sorry, my blog is down again but should be back up momentarily.

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lady! I got your post card. Glad you had a wonderful time. I was in NYC over the weekend taking a much needed "vacation from myself."

I've also been informed that for Halloween this year my friends have decided we will be Peanuts characters. I wasn't in on the planning but of course I'm Peppermint Patty. Sigh.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Peppermint Patty! Ha. Who's your Marcie?

10:26 PM  
Blogger Canada said...

Glad to hear you had an awesome vacation. And that you got to have les timbits. Sour cream glazed?

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home