Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Pedal pushing

I think it's telling that we packed the liquor cabinet first. (I packed it in a bulk baby wipes box from BJs--is that wrong?) Petunia and I aren't big drinkers, but we're planning to go all out for this weekend's conference. Also planned for this weekend: a day trip to New York, a visit to the New Haven Ikea, dancing at a '70s bar, and lots of lounging, reading, and sleeping. Oh yeah, and the actual conference stuff. I guess I forgot that part.

We usually travel lightly, but not this time. No ma'am! In addition to the 9 bottles of liquor (+ martini shaker) sloshing around in the trunk, Clara has a huge bag all her own. Well, the poor critter's gotta eat! Of course, I also got her new treats for the hotel, so we'll be packing them along with her toys, leash and harnesses, special citronella collar, and 2-liter jug of water. I wonder if there'll be room for Petunia's conference duds after I add my lounging gear to the mix?

We'll leave immediately after work on Thursday. Can you tell how excited I am? I haven't had a day off since President's Day and I won't have another till Memorial Day, so I'm making the most of this mini-break. Fire up the Cavalier, y'all--I'm gettin' the hell out of dodge!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome. Also, you are totally crazy. I love it. I love that Clara is going. Where is it?

Also, what do you think you are buying at IKEA to put in that packed to the brim vehicle, you crazy lady? ;)

3:50 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

It's in Meriden, CT, and I have two words for you: flat pack! SWEET!

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, you're right. But still. However, I shouldn't doubt you, because you are the master packer.

Hey, surprise, we're moving to a bigger place. I keep forgetting to mention this to you... we're moving to a 2-bedroom a few blocks over because Heather is moving back to the city and moving in with us - she has a residency at MIT for 4 years... of course our lease is only for 1.

It will be nice, I think. We all get along better than we used to, plus she has a dog, Cleo, that Billy's already befriended, so that will be nice for both of them. Plus, built-in dog sitter both ways. Your IKEA trip made me finally remember to tell you this because we have of course pared down our belongings to fit into 1 room so we're going to have a spare looking place for a while...

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s. it's the same landlord, another bonus. she's sooooooo awesome. she should get some kind of award for being such a good landlord. and she's just finishing up redoing this place from scratch - new appliances, new kitchen cabinets. I can't wait to see it, we're going tomorrow during the day.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Canada said...

Woo Hoo - martini shaker and all!!! I will bring martini recipes, and we can shop for any extra supplies (re: booze) we need. And the Gatorade (for hangover recovery!!!) Two sleeps!! (I'm not at ALL excited!)

4:58 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Hey Jane, that's great! Congratulations on the new place. You'll have to give me your address ASAP. Also, you can have your bookshelf, chest, and table back so you won't have such a spare house. Please let me know if you want them; we can plan to bring them in to Beantown anytime.

And Canada, I'm so excited, too! It's going to be a blast. We need to buy Bailey's and double shot; otherwise, I think we're set on likker. Good times, baby, good times!

6:02 PM  
Blogger Canada said...

I can cover the Baileys. What the heck is double shot? Am I missing an exciting form of alcohol? Fill me in!! (I know it ain't seafood - tee hee)

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home