Friday, March 24, 2006

Page 19: Fat Replacers; Page 20: High Volume Meat Pumps

I am SO freaking out right now! Who sent us a subscription to THE SAUSAGE MAKER CATALOG? Petunia's vegetarian and I only eat poultry, so someone's got a sick sense of humor. I want to vom just looking at the cover, but then I opened up the catalog to read this helpful tip (retyped as printed, errors and all):

Casings Troubleshooting Guide: Natural Casings
1. When your natural casing first arrive there maybe some gas built up in the container. This can smell pretty strong. They are not spoiled, simply wash and use them.

If this isn't the most pukealicious thing I've read since The Jungle, I'll eat a natural sausage casing myself.

Also, I just saw my apple peeler/corer/slicer on page 52. Cuz what goes better with homemade extra-skinned sausage than sliced de-skinned apples?

I'm going to hell for wanting to send this catalog to Orca. He's been vegetarian for over a year now, and he's all PETA cosmetics and vegan shoes. Mwah ha ha--sausage, Orca?

4 Comments:

Blogger Hashbrown said...

This is the best laugh I got all day. Even better than when you wrote about your sheep picture on the computer. OMG! It is an evil thing to send to our home!!!

3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So evil. So funny. I didn't do it. So gross. So disturbing about the gas in the container. Ewww. Everything about it is just very very wrong.

3:49 PM  
Blogger Canada said...

Yuck! Casings - I don't really want to know what they actually are! (I have some theories, but don't want confirmation). But AJWP, could be worse - it could have been the all-about seafood and shellfish catalogue, right? (oh yeah, as for the apple peeler, some people like applesauce with pork-based sausage. Hey, some may even put apples IN their sausage. Again, not my department)

9:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's funny You make me laugh and hungry..
sausage stuffer

4:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home