Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Represent

Dear Representative "I'm not a hater" John Fresolo:

After meeting with you last night to discuss your upcoming vote on equal marriage, I'm furious at you. Here's why:

1. When Petunia and I met with you privately last year, you told us you'd only spoken with 1 other constituent in favor of equal marriage. Last night, we met 3 other people to whom you had told the same story. You are a liar.

2. When you walked into the room and saw our group of 30 LGBT people and allies, you started shaking. Your defensiveness did not hide your fear. You are a coward.

3. You referred to Petunia and me specifically as "the girls from South Worcester." You called us "them." You are a misogynist and a bigot.

4. After hearing 3 or 4 personal stories about equal marriage, you interrupted the meeting. "How long is this going to take?" you asked. "I have somewhere else to be." Later, you tried to leave, saying that your cell phone rang 6 times during the past half hour. You think your time is more important than anyone else's. You are arrogant and rude.

5. You accused our group of attacking you and calling you names when no one said a word against you until you'd left the building. You are a bully.

6. Not once did you acknowledge the pain in the stories you heard. Not once did you connect to a speaker's humanity. You are intolerant and apathetic.

I will not rest until you're out of office. You are a danger to my family.

Your constituent,
AJWP

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear AJWP,

You are 100% right. This guy is a total ASSWIPE.

love,
JPP

Dear Ass-face Fresolo,

You suck.

Sincerely yours,
not your constituent but I wish I were so I could not vote for you

3:00 PM  
Blogger Psycho Kitty said...

Oh, sweetie.
I only wish I could help you two kick his ass. For now, I'm stuck with Tancredo.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Hashbrown said...

Fuck Yeah!

10:04 PM  
Blogger Hashbrown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:04 PM  
Blogger Canada said...

So, AJWP, when are you running for office? I'd vote for you! And you'd be fair (something which your rep probably wouldn't even be able to find in a dictionary, let alone his shriveled excuse for a heart). It boggles my mind - why should you and Petunia, or any other LGBT couples be discriminated against regarding marriage? If someone tried to fire you, or pay you less, or discriminate against you because of your sexual orientation, you'd have an open and shut court case. Why should marriage be any different?

11:19 PM  
Blogger Hashbrown said...

Oh Canada,
It is not open and shut. We are involved with a discrimination case about insurance benefits. It is endless with many variables. In the hearing, the other side admitted that they have two different sets of benefits packages. It that was a year and a half ago, and it is still not decided.

I agree that we need forward honest people in the legislature not that man. However, the problum extends far greater than law makers. I have no idea how to fix it.

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home