Wednesday, March 22, 2006

"God loves you just the way you are, but He loves you too much to let you stay that way."

After the kids left last night and I'd cleaned up the house, I walked down to the corner store for a supply of junk food (I've been eating too healthily lately, so I needed some Twizzlers and KC Masterpiece chips to balance out the fruits and veggies). When I got home, I fed the kitties, put on my cloud flannel PJs, poured a glass of Diet Coke, and snuggled up on the couch to watch Junebug.

Have you seen this movie yet? I LOVED it! I loved it for sentimental reasons, like the shots of the red North Carolina dirt that made me recall the feel of fire ants walking up my legs. I loved it for the performances--Amy Adams' portrayal of Ashley was too precious for words, but it was Embeth Davidtz's portrayal of Madeleine that really captured my heart (also, she looks exactly like Orca's former GF L.--so eerie!). I loved it for its quiet moments, for its realism, and for its humanity. It's a beautiful movie--y'all have to see it.

Tonight I have the house to myself again, so I'm going to do what any movie freak would do--I'll watch it again, this time with commentary. Good thing I have lots of junk food to keep me company!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this a quote from the movie by the way? Because that's enough to know I need to see it.

9:11 AM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Yep, you know it. I love this movie!

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home