Thursday, March 23, 2006

Granny: You can't beat her

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Granny Gets a Vibrator is pure genius. And for those of you who've been scared to read it at work, no worries--it's not a sex-positive treatise for the AARP set. Instead, it's a thoughtful and beautifully written blog by a 52-year old woman living in Louisiana. Liz pumps iron, grows roses, and kicks ass. She's hardcore, and she's my newest hero.

A month or so ago, Liz took one of those IMPACT self-defense classes where the instructors teach you self-defense techniques, then don padded suits and assault you. (Jenny and I took a modified version of this class when we were at Smith, and it was an experience I'll never forget.) In yesterday's post, Liz writes about how she reacted when she watched the videotape of her final class. It's absolutely heartbreaking, and it makes me sad and angry and proud, all at once.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home