Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Giddyup, cowgirl!

When it rains, it pours. Yesterday I had a food program site visit, 2 sick kids, and another child who didn't nap. Also, Petunia was home sick with this strange lump in her neck and general malaise. Even better, one of the kids discovered the joys of biting human flesh. By the end of the day, I was pulling my hair out. I barely had time to write daily notes to the kids' parents, let alone write in my blog. Yowza! Fortunately, today's been a lot more pleasant: the kids are napping, my sickest child is at home, and Petunia's back at work.

I saw that the Oscar nominees have been announced, and I wonder if anyone's seen Bareback Mountain. Our friends L&Y (those Scrabble sharks!) have seen it, but they wouldn't tell me how it ends. If there's gaybashing, HIV/AIDS, or any other sad and potentially homophobic element, will someone please tell me? You don't have to worry about spoiling the ending for me since my mind's like a sieve. By the time I actually see the movie, I'll have forgotten all about the plot twists. Thanks!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know it's really Brokeback not Bareback, right? Just checking. Anyway, yeah, I need to know too. If it's just issues and crying and whatnot that's OK but if someone gets beat to death or something I so need to not see this movie.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

i know. i can't handle all that matthew shephard midwest-hate-crime stuff. i almost burst a blood vessel watching boys don't cry, and i don't need to see another film like that anytime soon.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Psycho Kitty said...

I haven't seen it yet, though I want to...I just have been lousy at movie-going lately. If I actually get there, I'll give you the All's Clear sign or the Oh Dear Lord Don't Do It sign.

3:54 PM  
Blogger elswhere said...

Okay. This is a spoiler so here are spoiler spaces.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
you know what Jenny said, above, she needed not to see? She would in fact be seeing that. Near the end, and very briefly. Not in close-up, no blood, but you certainly get the idea when you see it.

Aside from that it's just issues and crying.

My partner, who hates violence and gore in movies, loved this one in spite of the above. It is really really good.

p.s. Hi. I'm here from Psycho Kitty's. Nice place you got here! Nice house, too! Ours is small too, with no closets and no hallways. Cozy.

11:50 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Elsewhere, I appreciate your comments on BB. Thanks to you, I've made my decision: no cowboy movie for this lil' lady!

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home