Wednesday, January 25, 2006

I must be butter*

Here's what I love: weddings! We just found out that our friends have chosen the date of June 25 for their wedding, and I'm v. excited. We're up to 5 wedding invites for this year, which beats last year's tally by 1. Even better, of the 4 weddings we'll be attending, 3 of them are in Massachusetts. Also fabulous: I already have a dress for these weddings! I wore it 4 times last summer and I'm wearing it 4 more times this summer. Tacky or not, chances are good that if you invite me to your wedding, I'll show up in that very same dress**. Good times!

On a different note, have you read Julie & Julia? I know it sounds like a Naiad Press title, but it's that memoir by a woman named Julie who spends a year cooking up every recipe in Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking. [Side note: Julia Child was a Smith alumna!] I was thinking about it this morning because I made a couple of loaf cakes from my beloved Cake Mix Doctor book and, as always, considered what it must have been like for the Cake Mix Doctor herself to test each of her v. tasty recipes. Yum! But back to Julie & Julia: I thought it was highly overrated. It's a great idea for a book, but Julie presents herself as a histrionic nutter who talks WAY too much about cleavers, marrow, and offal. I know it's French cooking, but gimme a break!

*'Cause I'm on a roll.
**Okay, this isn't the actual dress I chose. Are you kidding me? I'd be scared to death to wear a halter top! Mine looks just like this from the front, though--it's a v-neck with a normal back, and it's terracotta with red accents.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SIGH, your dress is so pretty, I love it. If I get married in 10 years I would still be happy if you wore it. I'm jealous of it.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

also, if that dress still fits in 10 years i'm throwing my own damn wedding.

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a deal, mark the date - January 27, 2016, Amy Throws Own Wedding If Dress Still Fits. Put it on your calendar. I know you have one somewhere that goes that far ahead. Or an INTJ you are not.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

let's cast our minds back to 1999 as we remember this important fact: i am an inFj, not an inTj!

doesn't thinking of 1999 make you wanna watch some 90210 and party of 5 in the washburn living room? those were the days, man.

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew I was going to screw that up. Damn it. Well, the J is the most important part, right JUDGING??? Sorry. SIGH. Also too bad you forgot this is 1997 not 1999.

2:44 PM  
Blogger Cupcake said...

Good news! We are also both fans of This American Life and looking at bridesmaid's dresses. However, we are not on the same page when it comes to cats.

8:04 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Um, Jane, too bad we both meant 1995.

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home