Monday, July 30, 2007

I'm dyeing here

This morning I tie-dyed my first-ever t-shirts and socks. They turned out HIDEOUS, really laughable, but I'm going to wear them with pride anyway. I especially enjoy the one with concentric circles over the breast; that one's a real winner. (Petunia, of course, made the coolest tie-dyed shirt EVER, because she is talented and has a good eye. All I'm saying is that the things I dyed look worse than the things the preschoolers dyed. For real.) I'll post photos later.

So.

Did you know it was my birthday over the weekend? I didn't, either, but Petunia threw me a surprise birthday party at our favorite Thai restaurant because my actual birthday party got cancelled. It was my first surprise party ever. She even ordered my very favorite cake, a triple chocolate mousse cake from Flour. How awesome is she? Thanks to Petunia and to my friends for coming to the soiree!

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Happy late birthday!

3:14 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Hey, thanks!

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Petunia is the best! I'm glad she surprised you! Also glad I could come. Mmmmmmm. I enjoyed yummy thai leftovers for lunch today. So good.

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, I really need to see the concentric breast circle t-shirt ON YOU please. That's all. For reals. I'll come to your house and you can wear it only indoors if necessary.

Also, I want you to know that the weekend before I started 9th grade I spent my time carefully preparing several tie-dyed t-shirts to wear my first week of school.

With tight acid-washed jeans with no back pockets of course. And Keds (actually, probably generic Keds) with no laces. And giant hoop earrings. AWESOME. Remember, all my high schools were behind the times fashion-wise, so you probably wore such lovely ensembles in 5th grade or so.

4:12 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

I DID! I DID wear them in 5th grade, no joke! Except I bought mine. But I thought it was rad, for reals.

Halso, you can see me in that shirt anytime. It's awesome. And peach...did I mention that? I was going for orange.

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, this literally made me laugh out loud at my desk. And now it's time to go home.

Awesome. Peach. Breast circle.

What else can you say?

5:43 PM  
Blogger LymeAware said...

That sounds like such a fabulous surprise! What a sweet gift! Happy Birthday :)

(The tie-dying sounds like lots of fun too.)

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where are the tie-dye photos????

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home