Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Oi & oh.

Nightmarish morning.

Ran out of coffee. 4 kids + Hester. 4 poopy diapers in 2 hours. Vomiting (from Hester--3 times. The last 2 times she soaked herself and me through the Maya Wrap, 2 shirts, and my bra. We were outdoors at the time. Which meant I had to wrangle 4 big, muddy kids into the house so we could change). Screaming from reflux pain. More screaming when a bottle wasn't immediately forthcoming. Whining. Mud. Hitting and pushing. Refusing lunch. Throwing lunch. Crying. Lots of crying.

I really wanted to cry, too.

But then, hope: afternoon! And naptime. One big kid gone, 3 big kids asleep. Hester playing by herself while watching me type. A very special UPS delivery with an entire library for Hester from JPP's amazing mom. V. good news from Petunia about the Hat of Justice. Remembering the Milk Duds stashed in pantry. Card from Petunia with my favorite quote on it. Diet Coke. Ibuprofen.

The afternoon will be better than the morning. The afternoon will be better than the morning. The afternoon will be better than the morning....

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Hashbrown said...

My love,
I am so sorry today was so horrifyingly awful. It will get better. Remember, one more card for today downstairs on the microwave. Also, if you forgot, there are the graham crackers from starbucks too! I love you.

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Clementine!

So the day didn't kill you.... did it make you stronger?

I'm glad you got my mom's present today!

1:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home