Thursday, March 22, 2007

Nose tampons and The Joy of Reading to Children

I was just ready to publish my last post when Blogger ate it. That's the kind of day I'm having.

To be fair, it wouldn't be bad at all except I caught a nasty head cold from the kids. It's been geting worse since Tuesday, but today I'm miserable: streaming nose, smarting eyes, sore throat, the works. Why doesn't someone make and market nose tampons for exactly these sort of days? I'm praying that Hester doesn't get it next.

I'm phoning it in till the kids leave at 6pm, and then I have to go to a child care training on reading to children. I didn't realize I was in need of training in this particular area, but whatever. I have to log continuing education hours to stay current on my license, so that's why you'll find me reading aloud to other FCC providers from 6:30-7:30pm this evening.

Boy, that'll be fun.

Edited to add: The workshop people gave us free books! Good ones, too. I guess it wasn't too bad after all.

Now if only I felt better....

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Canada said...

Don't mention nose tampons to Hubby!! They actually do have them at the hospital for nosebleeds that don't stop. They pack the nose with one, and then tape the string to the outside of your nose. Didn't look too comfy, and Hubby shudders when he recalls the THIRTY SIX hours that he had to endure it. Removal? I thought he was actually going to pass out.

Stick with kleenex. I hope you feel better soon.

11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes, sounds pretty unpleasant, Canada.

Clementine, I'm glad you at least got some good free books out of the deal! Sorry you're feeling crappy!

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home