Thursday, September 28, 2006

Wanna play a fun game?

Pretend you're a social worker who needs to find a family for an infant . You stumble across the homestudy of a nice lesbian couple who sound like a decent match for your baby. [Now comes the fun part.] What kind of photo would you like to see of that couple before you call their social worker and suggest a match? What things do you want that photo to say to you? Specifically, what do you think of the following photo description?

This photo was taken outside in Vermont in the fall when we celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary (we still look the same). It's a self-portrait of our faces against the backdrop of fall leaves, but it doesn't look like a self-portrait. We look outdoorsy (ha!), homey (we're wearing scarves we knit ourselves), and couple-y (our faces are cheek-to-cheek). This photo hangs in our hallway upstairs. It's one of my favorites.

Does this photo send up any red flags to you? Does it send any messages you'd rather not receive? Can you think of a better photo we might include with our homestudy? We have pictures from weddings (ours and other people's), vacations, the beach, parties, etc. Let me know what you think, 'kay?

6 Comments:

Blogger J said...

That sounds like a really really nice picture. It's hard to you know, really get a feel without seeing it *cough* but....it sounds great.

3:25 PM  
Blogger frog said...

What J. said.

...hits refresh...

...hits refresh again...

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it sounds like a perfect picture. Have I seen this one? I think I've seen a beach one with faces together which is super cute.

No red flags.

4:41 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Thanks, y'all. Our social worker just emailed with good advice: make sure you look like your photo and that the photo is clear enough to see faces. This photo fits the bill exactly, so I think we're on the right track. Also, it has fall leaves. Who doesn't love all leaves?

(JPP, it's the one from the Les-B-Inn when we found that huge cinderella pumpkin I named Brenda. Is this ringing any bells?)

6:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know, I can't remember for sure if I've seen it, but it sounds perfect.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Canada said...

Hey, I think I've seen it, and I think it's a good choice. I'm so excited for you!!!

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home