Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Homestudy, Part 1

Well, the house is as ready as it's going to get. Petunia and I are tired but optimistic, with jangly nerves and occasional adrenaline spikes. At this point I'm just praying it's actually going to happen at 6pm, because I sure as hell don't want to go through another first homestudy visit prep period!

Yesterday's mail brought glad tidings, including that great sock monkey from my folks. We also received a card from Petunia's friend S. with photos of her 2 girls, and I received my order from Discount School Supply. I ordered play food for the kids and a calendar/weather system for our newly implemented circle time, and both things ended up being much bigger and nicer than I'd thought they'd be. Also, Petunia brought me a gorgeous bouquet of flowers to celebrate this latest step in our journey to parenthood. As far as I'm concerned, all of that signals a good start to our homestudy.

In other news, it's Primary Day here in MA, which means my nerves are shot anyway. I woke up in the middle of the night all freaked out, and it wasn't about the homestudy; it was about the race for 16th Worcester state rep. EEK! It's gotten very nasty and it's such a close race; let's just hope she bests him this time. Yay, Melissa Murgo!

2 Comments:

Blogger Canada said...

Go Melissa Murgo!!!!

And fingers crossed that the homestudy, Part I goes well. Can't wait for details.

Love and hugs to you both!!!

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh for crying out loud, it's almost midnight!!!!! I NEED to know how the homestudy went!!!

And di MM win?

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home