Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Did you know that I was in Mu Alpha Theta*?

In the mail today from my bank:

"This advice is to notify you of an error in your ATM deposit which was made on the above referenced date. The corrected deposit listed in the 'New Amount' has been processed to your account."

So I scanned down the letter and GUESS WHAT! I fucked up my math and shorted myself $100 on a recent deposit. The bank caught my error (can you believe it?) and credited me the Benjamin. That's rad, but what makes me feel like a complete idiot is that they copied the back of my deposit envelope with my handwritten shitty math that reads, "$195+$40=$135." What's even worse is that when I saw their figure--$235--I was like, "Oh shit, the bank fucked up." It took me three tries to get it to come out like they did and to understand my error.

Note to self: Carry the one, dumbass.

*High school math club, baby! They invited me to join because I had awesome grades in math. I guess they didn't know that I sat with my math teachers for 1:1 tutoring most days after school. Sorry, suckahs! You know I put it on my college applications, though.

3 Comments:

Blogger Canada said...

So totally something I would do. That's why I love my bank. At their ATMs, you can enter many amounts - they have a column and you put in the first amount, hit enter, it clicks down one, and so on. So when I have several cheques, THEY do the math, NOT me!

4:24 PM  
Blogger Canada said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this story, this is fucking classic. Don't worry, I'm pretty good at math and I do dumbass stuff like this too. Many are the time Rob and I have spent hours trying to figure out why the bank says I have $72 more than I think I do when I finally realize I counted a credit card payment twice when I did my math or some such nonsense.

Also, I think I knew you were in math club but your explanation and declaration calling them suckahs makes it even funnier.

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home