Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Profiles

I have big news to report on the adoption track: Last night we received our profile paperwork! The paperwork is tailored to each family, so it has a list of supporting documents (birth certificates, marriage license, etc.) that you need to supply plus scads of other forms. That’s all good with me, though, because: 1) I’m good at paperwork; and 2) WE’RE FINALLY GETTING SOMEWHERE! Everyone knows that adoptive parents have to fill out eleventy billion forms; that’s a given. And now we’re getting to do it, too! And check it out--one of the forms says this:

Personal Profile (To be completed by the prospective foster mother or adoptive mother.)

Did you catch that? They’re calling me a prospective adoptive mother! That validation alone is worth the time it’ll take to complete our stacks.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! Also, I'm a little nerdy about paperwork too though I don't think I can hope to achieve the levels of your INFJ-ness. ;)

3:24 PM  
Blogger art-sweet said...

Hooray! That's AWESOME.

You are paperwork pregnant! Is it making you nauseated yet? Tired? Cranky?

6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Mountian of paperwork makes me a bit queezy.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Canada said...

Yay!!! You're a mom-to-be!

11:45 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

hi, i'm a little slow on the uptake. just saw you left a comment on my blog awhile ago.

thanks for stopping by. and best of luck on your parenthood journey!

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home