Monday, July 31, 2006

Like bears in a cave

For once, I'm feeling refreshed on a Monday. It's probably because Petunia and I holed up nearly all weekend long, barely leaving the house except for a grocery/video store run on Saturday and an impromptu hike (!!!) with our friend B. last night. All told, here is this past weekend in numbers:

--number movies watched: 4 (incl. Sarah Silverman's Jesus is Magic--not a choice!)
--number knitting projects completed: 3
--number plans scrapped: 1 (we'd planned to attend the Lowell Folk Festival with L&L and B., but it was GODDAMN HOT on Saturday)
--number rum drinks imbibed: sadly, only 1 each (we ran out of pina colada mix)
--times AJWP craved ice cream: 13
--times AJWP ate ice cream: 3
--times ice cream was first food AJWP ate on a given day: 1
--number miles walked on impromptu hike: 3
--times AJWP thought to self, "I can't believe I'm on a HIKE.": 45, approx.
--times AJWP wished she'd brought water for Petunia and self, rather than just for Clary B.: 1,500, approx.
--times AJWP bled through new Gladrag on hike: 1
--times AJWP felt like a 12-year old girl hitting menarche during hike: 1

Good times, friends.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, also, I don't mean to oppress anybody, but seasponge tampons? (I went to the GladRags site.) How exactly am I supposed to deal with that if I'm anywhere but at home? Am I supposed to carry them around in a bag with me? Or am I supposed to walk over to the public sink and wash it out?

Can't do it, ladies.

3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyway, but sounds like a nice weekend! Sorry, I meant to add that to my last post. ;)

3:44 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

I kind of love the idea of sea sponge tampons. Did you ever read that book Cunt? It was pretty good, and the author talks about how she yells from the stall that she's fixin' to come out to rinse out her sea sponge. She says that most folks are curious, not repulsed. I think I'd be curious, too, and then I'd leave the bathroom and be all, "OMG--guess what! I just saw a woman rinse out her SEA SPONGE TAMPON!" I'm classy like that.

9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, you're a classy lady. That's why we're psychic twins. ('cuz I'm also with the CLASS.)

p.s. no, I never read that book

9:03 AM  
Blogger frog said...

I used to use the Glad Rags, but now I'm all about my Diva Cup. LOVE IT.

7:15 AM  
Blogger Psycho Kitty said...

Dear God, A, you are the only other person I have ever known who read "Cunt". I own it! Some friends gave it to me when I went into labor with the Girl. I took it to the hospital and received many disapproving looks from visitors.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Oh my god, I loved that book! I owned it, too, until I lent it to my friend S. along with Callie's Tally and Tender at the Bone. I still haven't gotten them back.

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home